|All my worldly possessions for the next three months, grouped by theme.|
I’m no Simran, but I do love me a good packing list. I’ve been hunting down items and checking them off a spreadsheet for two weeks now. It’s fun like a puzzle scavenger hunt. Or, more literally, a knapsack problem.
It’s all about multipurpose, light, and edit edit edit. No need to carry batteries (or backup of virtually any normal thing) “just in case”. Money is for just in case. All you really need to travel is your passport and a credit card, everything else is nice-to-have.
I consider myself a pretty light traveler; I’m not the kind of girl who needs a hair dryer in the morning. But I still found this a challenge. It took a couple of rounds of editing, per my own advice, before I got down to the version pictured here. Just a few last minute items and I’m ready! All told, my pack is about 80% full, a little heavier than I would like, but quite acceptable.
Some key/tricky/special items in my pack are:
- all-purpose soap/shampoo
- books with high goodness&length:weight ratio
- mini computer
- layerable and versatile clothing
- compressible coat [North Face Blaze Micro Hooded]. Super excited about this, my only major purchase for this trip. It packs into its pocket, is perfect for the temperature range, and weighs 10oz!
- convertible pants [Marmot Lobos]. Light weight, super stretchy, and actually fit for a girl; I know I’m going to live in these babies. Not the zip off kind, they instead roll up into capris.
- lightweight shoes
- sacks for compressing and grouping, making it easier to find items
- my comfort extras: compressible pillow, sleep mask, ear plugs, gummi bears, favorite pens
|Everything compressed down.|
|Packed up and ready to go!|